Local Council Assistance



Aged care


If you are over the age of 65 years and you need support services to maintain you independence and stay in your home longer, call My Aged Care to register your name on phone 1800 200 422 and ask them for Home Support Assessment.


Regional Assessment Service Team will call you and make appointment to see you at your home. Assessment stuff work with you to identify and access appropriate supports you need to promote and enhance your independence at home and your community. At assessment process they will let you know for which type of government-funded aged care you are eligible. These are:

Assessment stuff will work with you to develop a support plan. The support plan will help you identify your strengths, your areas of difficulty, and what you would like to achieve. The plan will enable you and the assessor to identify the types of support that will best suit you to achieve your desired outcome. This assistance may be provided by services, or may be support that’s already available in your community.


Your support plan will be sent to you following your assessment. If you have any questions or concerns with details in your support plan please contact your assessor.

If required and with your permission, your assessor will make referrals on your behalf to service providers as discussed at you assessment. Your support plan contains the contact details of the service providers where referrals have been sent. The service provider will contact you to discuss the commencement of your service. They may come to visit you in your home to discuss your service. You may wish to contact the service provider directly on the number provided in your support plan.


After your Home Support Assessment you may be referred to a service provider to provide you with assistance. If you require any changes to this service call the service provider directly.

If your health or situation changes significantly you may need a review or a new assessment with the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service. To organize a review or new assessment you can call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or the Regional Assessment Service who completed your assessment.


As an aged care consumer, you have access to the My Aged Care Client portal available through the myGov website.

To log into the client portal or view the My Aged Care Client Portal user guide, go to: www.myagedcare.gov.au/login-using-mygov

If you don’t have access to the internet you can call the My Aged Care Contact Centre 1800 200 422 to update and access information about you on My Aged Care.


Regional Assessment Service aims to provide a quality assessment service. They welcome your feedback to help them to improve their services to you.

If you provide feedback or complain


Your Rights and Responsibilities

People receiving assessment services by a Victorian RAS have:

People receiving assessment services by a Victorian RAS have a responsibility:

In providing Home Support Assessment services, Victorian RAS outlets have a responsibility: